Engineering Lead – Transmission & Distribution Line
Engineering Lead – Transmission & Distribution Line is an entry-level Leadership position. Designers improve their Leadership skills necessary for effectively managing day to day operations and leading other designers. Designers participate in proposal and learn how to be responsible for the execution of assigned projects in order to complete work on time and on budget and assure conformance to the client preferences.
Job Code: DCTE002
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Douala – Cameroon
• Lead a Team of engineers in the design and review of transmission and distribution lines projects.
•Manage the day to day operations of the office
•Assign project and track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to ensure successful project completion.
• Learn routing and design of transmission and distribution lines using the Power Line Systems software suite including PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, and TOWER, as well as other software, as needed
• Perform structure analysis and loading trees, develop design criteria and specifications for transmission and distribution line design, procurement of materials, and project cost estimating
• Learn relevant industry, client, and Hydro 10 codes and standards
• Prepare drawings and documentation for construction of distribution and transmission line projects
• Engineer applicants: Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Structural, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited program and 2-4 years of related experience in the utility Industry.
• For Designer applicants, an engineering degree is not required for those that can demonstrate at least 2 years of full-time PLS-CADD design responsibilities in the electric utility industry
• Some experience in 12kV to 500kV line design or working knowledge of and/or expertise in Power Line Systems software suite
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Positive attitude, demonstrated success working in a team environment, as well as strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Performance evaluation metrics include accurate completion of work in a timely manner
• Attends in-house seminars and educational opportunities outside of the offices
• This position requires sitting for extensive periods of time
• Must be able to visually interpret complex drawings